Quality Standards Program
Establishing our Industry's Best Practices
Through the WBFI Quality Standards Program, WBFI Members give you the information you need to purchase quality feed and feeder products that meet industry standards.
Bird Preference Chart
Knowing which birds will each which particular feeds, and from which style of feeder, will help you have a good experience. Here’s the Bird Feed and Feeder Preference Chart for North America to help you learn more about your hobby.
When you purchase a bird feeder that carries the logo for the WBFI Quality Standards Program, here is what you can expect from your bird feeder product:
- Feeder or Package must include labeling appropriate for the birds that will use the feeder and the recommended ingredients.
- Seed feeders must have a minimum 1-1/2” diameter refilling port.
- Hanging devices must be made from metal such as wire, chain, or cable and must be securely attached.
- Seed flows appropriately for recommended ingredients.
- Cleanable; instructions for care and use must be included.
- Drainage system suitable to the feeder type.
6 Steps to Turn Your Backyard into a Sanctuary for Birds!
Do you want to learn more about bird safety and habitat around your home? Here are important topics to help you make your experience more rewarding! Click here to read information from industry experts!
Using quality feeds will help you and the birds have a more enjoyable experience! Feeds you offer in your feeders should be free of sticks, stems and other debris. WBFI Quality Standards Program offers quality standards for over 40 of the most common bird feeds. Review the standards slides here.
Recognizing Quality Feed and Feeder Products
Be sure to look for this logo on the packaging the next time you buy Bird feed or feeders!
Products carrying this logo meet the WBFI Quality Standard.
Use of the WBFI Quality Standards Logo
Only WBFI Members are eligible to participate in the WBFI Quality Standards Program and use the WBFI Quality Standards logo on packaging.